Sunday, April 13, 2008

A Spring Trek to the Washington Coast



Enjoy a little bit of our hike with the dogs. My friend Cassie and I were the only one's on the trail (for good reason if you play the video.) I loved it because it reminded me of portaging in the boundary waters bugs and all. It was "hatching" season for hoards of water bugs and mosquitoes. Our feet were cold but the view was well worth it and we were the only people on the beach. We even jumped in the pacific and submerged ourself completely...twice! It was cold. The dogs had a blast and were soooo worn out by the end of the day, we were too. This little getaway was only a 24-hour time frame although it felt like a couple day vacation. We made a campfire the night before, slept outside, ate amazing donuts for breakfast, then hiked a lot, got a little lost, got muddy, laid in the sun, ran on the sand, and watch spike and jag frolic. A good day if you ask me, despite lacking the "10" essentials including lunch and a map (not suggested!). And I got to wear my awesome hat :)

No comments: