Saturday, January 19, 2008

It's been while...

I had pretty much given up on this whole "blogging" thing since I moved back to Tacoma. Perhaps I hadn't reached the giving up stage yet, but the wishy washy stage. I started the blog to stay in touch with people as I embarked on my dogsledding adventure and now, well I have lost motivation or perhaps the extra time to share my extraneous thoughts.

But tonight I guess I'm back. I was actually perusing various blog names I could use for a "dog blog" on the "soon to be coming website!" for spike and i. Really it should be up soon. Just some FTP work and vwal-AH. I looked at my last entry and decided it was time to give everyone who actually reads this a little bit of an update.

LIFE IS GOOD.
But IT RAINS here A bit TOo MucH

I have three great dogs at my house right now, all of them are crashed out on the floor from playing hard at the dog park then running with Cassie and I. All except Jag-who incessently feels the need to be right next to any human companion, breathing heavily while begging for pets. He is a devilishly handsome and charming lad so we all oblige. Thankfully my roomates graciously oblige as well, even more than me. My roomate is playing guitar in the background and the other one is cooking so as I write this I feel "nested" with the dogs, wafting smells, and background guitar. I also happen to be fond of using quotes tonight.

I am now back in school and taking a full load of credits. I also am not working much (at this point at all). This set-up is very pleasing to me as the perpetual background noise in my mind has quieted and I feel less crazy. This begs the question of, feeling vs being. Such feelings could be due to the fact that I've only had two classes. I like to live in the moment...

GRATITUDE is also a sentiment I have been feeling lately. It is easy to get disheartened by the gross injustice, tragedy, and *&@# that happens. (Side note-one of my favorite passtimes lately=waking up to coffee and the NYTimes at our doorstep, thanks to my housemate) In the middle of everything I still feel the glimmering of gratitude and hope, and hope for gratitude. I've felt compelled to rest, to slow down and be. And man is it good.

I agree there are plenty of life seasons out there and this is the season for now.

These are some of the topics I've pondered lately:
Composting (yeah really)
building websites
teaching a dog to come when called at a dog park-"SPIKE!"
learning to fiddle
warm places with seaturtles and waves
e-waste that gets dumped in developing countries for children to disassemble into metal and toxic fumes
good friends
eating a variety of vegetables with names that are new to me

...sidetracked

I went dogsledding in bend and then to hawaii. Both can be summed up in one word=AMAZING!

I encourage you to read, create, be, laugh, sorrow, move, and celebrate. Do the things that must be done.

Until next time,
alison

1 comment:

J May said...

Wait... so you went dogsledding in Hawaii? That's amazing. I'm not even mad.

I'm glad you posted some stuff. I just noticed on my RSS reader today that you posted and I let out a gleeous e-yelp (which probably has the forceful equivalent of lol).

I really appreciate the restfulness you conveyed both in your thinking and description of your environment as you wrote.

Oh, and I'm also impressed you know what FTP is.