Sunday, September 30, 2007

My Theology Class

I have never taken a theology class before and find myself surprised by my lack of thought in this area. I thought that I had been thinking about this, but to my surprise I never REALLY considered the evolution of say "the trinity." In the context of the brillant minds I feel surrounded by I find this quite embarrassing! For years I have been spoonfed ideas, constructs, traditions, and words with little curiousity as to the history behind them. I was not the type of person to spend hours wondering or being curious about philosophy. I was curious about different things. I am grateful for the chance to be curious about theology, to have conversations, and listen to the experience of others. Not that I haven't had this before, it is just different with an academic study to speed the process. In reading my texts for my theology class I find myself just saying Thank You to God. I have a strange peace about me.

And yes, you'll notice the word is spelled incorrectly in the blog heading. It is with purpose. Go back and read one of the first entries. You'll see why.

1 comment:

J May said...

Alison! What is up my north-end friend? It was nice to meet you the other day at your party and talk life and Jesus. I would have checked out your blog sooner but I've been SO busy. I'm in the middle of Greek finals and catching up on some back stuff, too. Hard stuff, but rewarding!

Check my out my blog, yo. Click on my screen name, it should take you to a screen with a link to it. I just had to move it over to blogspot so I lost all my old content :-( My millions of readers are very dissappointed right now. Hopefully I'll see ya downtown sometime!

Justin