Monday, July 23, 2007

Lake Chelan Triathlon

We are the Champions...okay not really but we can act like it
Mogley wants in on the action too!

Lisa-aka my support crew, and I

Happy after race glow in my cool new duds

Run

Transition 1

I am proud to say I finally got around to completing my first triathlon. I'm hooked. If they weren't so expensive and I wasn't unemployed I'd sign up for more. Hopefully I'll be able to do at least one more this summer. The weekend was fantastic. Good weather, good people, good scenery, and a good race (contrary to last years disaster). I did a lot better than I expected, I thought I would finish in about 3.5 hours. But I finished in a little over 2.5! My total time was 2:36, at this point in my racing career, the seconds are not essential. I got 2nd in my age group. That sounds pretty good, but there was only about 9 females. However, I placed 7th overall female, and 32nd overall. There were only 100 people though, so really, no big deal. I did get a pretty second place ribbon though. I was very pleased with my first one and had a blast. And I didn't puke or die or cramp up so really, I'd say it was a success.

The guys also got second in their Halfiron relay, they too recieved pretty red ribbons.

Thanks to lisa, bean, seth, max, james, mogley, and spike for a great weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alison! I just ran the Super Jock and Jill Half Marathon on September 1st and was looking into "my first Triathalon" your blog showed up on my Google Search!

I love it. I miss you!

Congrats on the race...lets talk soon...