Thursday, May 10, 2007

late happenings

I had a milestone event in my life today. After dreaming about a nice little pint of Haagen Daz ice cream while in my New Testament class I stopped by the store on the way home and picked up a pint of cookie dough ice cream. Luckily when I came home my housemates were up so I plopped down on the couch and enjoyed my ice cream all the way to the bottom. Never done that before. So here's to the creators of Haagen Daz, bless you and keep making your delicious little wonders.

I have been thoroughly enjoying life. About four nights a week I come home smelling like a fondue pot; I have been exploring Seattle thanks to my grad school; I'm sleeping on a new bed; riding public transit; and walking Spike. Oh and I'm training for an olympic distance triathalon. Things are going well-you know how sometimes almost too well, like okay what is going to happen next?

In the meantime I'm living in the good times, finding myself laughing and smiling at the small things. Like today as I was watching buses go by I thought the flashing lights denoting the destination said, "Berry Farm." I thought, hmm, that is an interesting destination for downtown Seattle...I smiled from behind the glass at Starbuck's when I quickly realized that the bus was heading to the "Ferry Term." Perhaps I need my eyes checked. A trip to the berry farm would be quite pleasant though. I keep thinking of Snoopy and Jam thanks to the Berry Farm at the Mall of America. Minnesotans you know what I'm talking about.

And lastly, deriving from my brief yet detailed survey of downtown Seattle in the last week I have concluded that Starbuck's is indeed trying to takeover America. Watch OUt!

No comments: