Wednesday, January 24, 2007

randomality

I'm sitting at the Backporch again and have been blessed with some insightful lyrics..."You can't rush love" and "You're freakin' me out." Sometimes I wish you could, and sometimes you do freak me out. I mean "you" collectively to my family, friends (some more than others-you know who you are), classmates, society, humanity, God. I think one of the first steps to recovering from an addiction is admitting it. As I am sitting in a cafe, drinking earl grey tea, I admit to you that I am addicted to caffeine. I love this stuff. This morning I had an "extra hot triple grande snickers latte." It was delicious and invigorating. That's it. If you want to intervene feel free. But I'm definitely not ready to give it up yet. Although Lent is coming up...

The last couple days the beauty of this place has hit me hard. It is so amazing. I drove the dog truck up to the moutain the other day which was empowering. Usually it's the guys who do that, but I was driving up solo so it was me. I controlled the music, the latte stop, and was responsible for making it safely up with precious cargo. I think I probably looked pretty hot too. All that to say driving to the moutain presents a skyline of peaks. Driving away, an amazing view of buttes ahead and moutains in the mirrors.

Today I had a day off and went downhill skiing and then topped it off with a bit of nordic. I'll post a pic sometime of me looking all hardcore in my rental helmet. I may be heading back to t-town mid-april and I am already playing through the drive home in my head. Today I am torn between absolutely loving this place and wondering how I could possibly leave to move back to Tacoma. But school and people are the easy answer. I love the snow and will await until the time I can live in it for another winter. Bittersweet is the perfect word. I know it's premature to get all sentimental, but I'll definitley miss this place. I feel like these months will be best summed up by the word transition. I guess life is pretty much always one big transition, but this feels a bit different. It's not over yet...

No comments: