Saturday, December 16, 2006

have I mentioned where I really live?


I am a proud temporary resident of Alfalfa, OR. Since I've been here I've learned that Bend has a reputation that spans rugged- hippee-outdoors-farmer type people to yuppie rugged-hippee-outdoors-want-to-be-farmer people. There are expensive new houses, expensive botiques, and expensive restaurants, and a few hole in the wall places too. But I actually live about a half an hour outside of the city in a quaint little town where llamas with crazy flowing brown hair run next to the fence when I drive by, where shaggy scottish highland cows could potentially outnumber humans, and horses seem to appear in herds. And lots of cats. I don't claim to know much more about country living than when I arrived, but I do know I love the stars, the animals, the juniper, dirt, work clothes, of course the dogs, snow, riding four-wheelers, riding in trucks, the sunrises, mountains, the view from the outhouse (see below), and then, driving into town to get a latte. Above is the Alfafa Store, everytime I drive by it at night it makes me smile.

No comments: