Tuesday, November 21, 2006

things I am thankful for

In an effort to bring Thanksgiving a bit closer to my heart this year I have compiled a list of things I am thankful for. This year is, perhaps, the farthest away from thanksgiving I've felt. At least in the proximity to turkey, stuffing, and family. We do have a unprecedented amount of cranberry sauce in our pantry right now so every morning when I glimpse in to get the cereal I am reminded briefly of the impending holiday. I'm sure that after the holiday the cranberries will still be there. I have never lived out in the country and Alfalfa, OR definitely qualifies as "country." As a result driving in the evening is uber dark, I mean really dark as a result I am very thankful for anything reflective; specifically reflective paint. I also have a deep appreciation for those reflectors on shoes and jackets. Other material items I am thankful for: pilot precise V5 extra fine pens, coffee with cream and sugar in the raw, chocolate, dogs, snow, my ipod (I include my because I enjoy my music), danskos, down comforters, chopping wood (although I suck at it), russian literature on a stormy afternoon in front of a fire, canoes, water, jewelry, yoga, cookies and making them, journals, my mountain hardware fleece, carharts...the list could go on but that will suffice for now. I hope you all take time to contemplate those things that you are thankful for. My list was tangible so if you feel left out don't worry, I didn't mention anyone or any metaphysical element-so you're cool.

No comments: