Monday, November 06, 2006

Shakespeare and the Phatties


Our tour dogs tend to be a bit more, shall I say robust, than our racers. They tend to be quite a bit furrier, bigger, and don't get to run as much because they just don't need to. There are a few dogs that we endearingly call fat. So besides being a good name for a band, shakespeare and the fatties, happens to be one of my favorite teams to hook up. If only all Americans were as excited to go for a run as these dogs are, obesity would perhaps not be on epidemic terms. When you think about it these dogs have it made. First of all they LOVE to run. As soon as we walk outside the kennel erupts with barking, jumping dogs all trying desperately to get your attention to harness them or at least give them a pet. Otter is the only exception. He is a bit apprehensive to put the harness on and perfers to make himself blend into the hay. They really have a sweet training program. Perhaps if I had someone who got me up, got me dressed, brought me to a team that was ready to roll, and then gave me the pace, distance, water, and breaks, I'd probably be in better shape than I am now. Then to top it off, these dogs get their food delivered right to their house, take a mid-morning nap, play with their neighbor, and lounge around after working hard. It's quite the program. I think I would get tired of the same food though everyday. Anyway that's a picture of shakespeare, he's about 12 and pretty awsome. His eyes are some of the coolest I have ever seen.

No comments: