Monday, November 06, 2006

Our family outing



I felt special today as Kyle, Josh, Jessica, the baby (Kyra), cody (the crazy looking little dog), and I took a field trip to Costco to load up on groceries. I've never been part of a large family so it was a taste of what it would be like, if only for a few minutes. No fighting though, and no parents telling us that no we can't get that sugar cereal. Such the life. Attention TV networks: we'd make a cool reality tv show. But too bad for you, we don't want to have one. Talk to our agents. Josh, Jessica, and Kyra arrived about a week ago and we've been having a great time since they arrived. Now, as a amendment to "A Typical Training Day" I must insert sit in living room and let baby entertain us. She is a sweetheart to say the least. And the first baby that has actually excited me about potentially being a mom someday. Yeah, my mom is pretty excited about that statement. Josh and Jess are coming off a summer working up in Alaska mushing dogs on a glacier. They are super laidback and fun. We can sit around and talk for hours. The pace of life is definitley slow here right now and I am savoring it because it doesn't happen all that often. One of my favorite parts of the day is coming in from chores sitting around eating toast from Great Harvest, and conversating with everyone. We eat a lot of bread from Great Harvest, a lot.

No comments: